Monday 20 September 2010

Ready, Set, Woah...

The final week of rehearsals has arrived, and so has the set for Watch iT! The amount of props seems to have grown exponentially…but they look pretty coooool. Taking centre stage in this respect has to be the covering for the armchair. I have Jane Foxall to thank for this. I was reluctant to spend time finding an altogether new chair as I had become accustomed to how the original one feels. At £12 from a bric-a-brac shop it turned out to be a good investment. Now if the chair and the cover survive the tour it may end up as a centre-piece in my gaff. As the set has been getting some fine tuning so has the content of the show. I continue to work with my creatively choreographic warming up mentor Chris Devaney as we try to discover how to open up, let go but not lose it…all at the same time. All in all, i’m very happy with the direction the work is taking. 4 more days left to crack it...

since when did this become about interior design...?



...and we did a bit of warming up to this today. I think you'll find the picture is quite apt.

No comments:

Post a Comment